News & Events
- A new poem in THINK JournalLesley’s poem “Artemis Draws Her Bow” is in the Winter/Spring issue of THINK: A Journal of Poetry, Fiction, and Essays and is also featured on THINK’s website. Read the poem here. This poem originated at a poetry workshop hosted by Catholic Literary Arts and taught by Judith Sornberger. Lesley wrote this piece in response to… Read More »A new poem in THINK Journal
- SHOUTOUT HTX interviews LesleySHOUTOUT HTX features small business owners and creatives who “make up the fabric of our communities” because “meaningful conversations are at the heart of community building.” Recently, the folks at SHOUTOUT HTX interviewed Lesley about the writing life, work-life balance, inspiration, encouragement, and her beloved city of Houston. Read the interview here.
- Calling the Garden from the Grave earns a first-place win in the Press Women of Texas Communications ContestCalling the Garden from the Grave placed first statewide in the chapbook category of the Press Women of Texas Communications Contest. Now the book will advance to the National Federation of Press Women National Communications Contest.
- Chris Rice Cooper features “Mother’s Reply” on Backstory of the PoemLearn about the development of Lesley’s poem “Mother’s Reply,” (Calling the Garden from the Grave, 2020), featured in Chris Cooper’s blog series, Backstory of the Poem. Chris Rice Cooper is a newspaper/fiction writer, poet, photographer, & painter. She has a B.S. in Criminal Justice & completed her workshops required for her Master’s in Creative Writing.… Read More »Chris Rice Cooper features “Mother’s Reply” on Backstory of the Poem
- Herman Sutter reviews Calling the Garden from the GraveEnjoy Herman Sutter’s compelling review of Calling the Garden from the Grave at The Poetry Cafe. In the review, Sutter says, “Reading Lesley Clinton’s exquisite first chapbook, I was struck by the breadth of her vision–the feeling of scope and magnitude radiating from her poems, but even more by the simultaneous intimate intensity of her… Read More »Herman Sutter reviews Calling the Garden from the Grave
Enjoy a reading by the poets of Catholic Literary Arts at the historic Lasker Inn in Galveston, Texas. Stay tuned for details!Find out more »
Lasker Inn, 1019 16th St.+ Google Map
Galveston, TX 77550
Galveston, TX 77550