Calling the Garden From the Grave
Finalist in the National Federation of Press Women 2020 Communications Contest
Now in paperback
The poems in Lesley Clinton’s debut chapbook seek grace in haunting, unsettled places and celebrate the triumph of life over death.
Order your copy today!
News & Events
- Lesley’s book places in a national competitionCalling the Garden from the Grave has placed in the chapbook category of the National Federation of Press Women Communications Contest. We’ll find out which place in June, when the winners will be announced at the virtual awards ceremony.
- A new poem in THINK JournalLesley’s poem “Artemis Draws Her Bow” is in the Winter/Spring issue of THINK: A Journal of Poetry, Fiction, and Essays and is also featured on THINK’s website. Read the poem here. This poem originated at a poetry workshop hosted by Catholic Literary Arts and taught by Judith Sornberger. Lesley wrote this piece in response to… Read More »A new poem in THINK Journal
- SHOUTOUT HTX interviews LesleySHOUTOUT HTX features small business owners and creatives who “make up the fabric of our communities” because “meaningful conversations are at the heart of community building.” Recently, the folks at SHOUTOUT HTX interviewed Lesley about the writing life, work-life balance, inspiration, encouragement, and her beloved city of Houston. Read the interview here.
- Calling the Garden from the Grave earns a first-place win in the Press Women of Texas Communications ContestCalling the Garden from the Grave placed first statewide in the chapbook category of the Press Women of Texas Communications Contest. Now the book will advance to the National Federation of Press Women National Communications Contest.
- Chris Rice Cooper features “Mother’s Reply” on Backstory of the PoemLearn about the development of Lesley’s poem “Mother’s Reply,” (Calling the Garden from the Grave, 2020), featured in Chris Cooper’s blog series, Backstory of the Poem. Chris Rice Cooper is a newspaper/fiction writer, poet, photographer, & painter. She has a B.S. in Criminal Justice & completed her workshops required for her Master’s in Creative Writing.… Read More »Chris Rice Cooper features “Mother’s Reply” on Backstory of the Poem
Enjoy a reading by the poets of Catholic Literary Arts at the historic Lasker Inn in Galveston, Texas. Stay tuned for details!Find out more »
Galveston, TX 77550